Villagers Theatre under direction of our Youth Program Director, Corey Rubel, hopes to open Camp IN-PERSON for 3 separate weeks with major safety precautions.
The camp staff will safely secure three age groups offering their expertise and creativity towards a LiveStream Showcase for family and friends at the end of each week. All information can be found below regarding camp themes, groups and safety precautions as advised by the State of New Jersey and the CDC.
Please register to hold your spot in whatever week, or weeks, you would like your child to participate in by July 10. On July 10 we will deteremine if there are enough registrations to move forward with Camp LIVE. All pertinent information is listed below and within our online registratio when you click the link.
3 1-week Sessions – https://forms.gle/uWSwaVCbD3ixUp6J9
Our Mission is to provide a nurturing and challenging educational environment through the completion of a musical production. We strive to provide a high-quality and diverse experience in all areas of the performing arts. In this light, it is our goal to foster an appreciation, understanding, and love of the performing arts with a clear intent to touch the heart, engage the mind, and transform lives by creating extraordinary theater experiences for the young people in our program.
Excellence in art changes lives; empowered young people create artistic excellence.
THREE ONE-WEEK SESSIONS!
Sign up for one week or all three!
1 Week Registration – $300
2 Weeks Registration – $550
3 Weeks Registration – $800
CAMP DAY: 9am – 2:30pm
MUST REGISTER BY JULY 10th!
Week One: DISNEY WEEK! (July 20th – 24th)
Featuring Selections From: Newsies, Finding Nemo, Teen Beach Movie,
High School Musical, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and many more!
Week Two: MOVIE MUSICAL WEEK! (July 27th – July 31st)
Featuring Selections From: Mean Girls, Bring It On, Grease, Hairspray, Anastasia, Waitress, School of Rock, Billy Elliot, Elf, Little Shop of Horrors, Moulin Rouge, and many more!
Week Three: BROADWAY WEEK! (August 3rd – August 7th)
Featuring Selections From: Wicked, Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, Beetlejuice, SIX, Hadestown, Come from Away, Jagged Little Pill, West Side Story, CATS, Mamma Mia, Annie, and many more!
PLEASE NOTE: On July 10 we will evaluate the number of registrants to determine if we can move forward with our plan to open in-person. We are looking forward to working with our families to make everyone comfortable. Notifications will be sent out by July 11.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
– Campers/staff will be asked to monitor their health 14-days prior to their start of camp
– Anyone in contact with someone who has had COVID-19 must be tested and present test results.
– Daily temperature check upon arriving to the theatre; anyone with an elevated temperature will be send home
– Campers, Staff and Parents are asked to be responsible for reporting exposure or symptoms throughout their time at camp
– All campers and staff will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the theatre and will be required to participate in sanitizing breaks throughout the day
– All staff and students will be required to wear a cloth face covering while in the theatre
– Whenever campers and staff members are in the building, they are required to wear a mask; indoor activity will be designed to not reach a level of high physical activity to keep campers comfortable
– When we are doing outdoor activities, which will be an appropriate distance away from one another, masks will not be required, especially during high physical activity
– Whenever possible, activities will be planned to take place outside
– We will follow the CDC Guidelines for cleaning after each camp day
– If a camper or staff member becomes sick:
o We hope that all member of our community will be responsible to monitor their health during their time at camp; if someone should become sick or test positive for COVID-19, we will take all necessary contact tracing procedures and close camp immediately – from there we will provide an online alternative
– Campers will be split into THREE GROUPS of 10 based on age. Campers will stay with their group, staff member (s), and location throughout the duration of the week (Depending on registration, the ages of the groups can fluctuate):
o Black Box Group (Ages 7 – 9)
o Main Stage Group (Ages 10 – 12)
o Lobby Group (Ages 13 – 15)
– All activities will be planned and scheduled reducing the chance of contact with one another as well as any props
– Blackbox Group will use Lobby bathrooms; Lobby group will use Lobby bathrooms; Mainstage Group will use Dressing Room bathrooms
– Blackbox group will enter through back Blackbox door; Mainstage Group will enter through back dressing room entrance; Lobby group will enter through lobby doors
– Singing will take place in even smaller groups; half of the group and take place outside where campers can be even further away from one another and use masks – as well as exploration of solo songs and limit the number of “ensemble” numbers
– Lunch will take place at staggered times and take place at the picnic tables behind the theatre (2 campers per table – sitting on opposite ends)
– Groups will have the opportunity to spend outside if weather permits as well
– There will be no SHARED materials – campers will have their individual set of materials that they will need for camp (script, writing materials, etc.) that will stay at camp in their designated area
– We will actively monitor weather activity and alert families if programming needs to change due to rising heat temperatures or rain permitting outdoor activities
– Throughout the week, campers will work on developing theatrical skills through scenes, songs, and dances of musicals listed for each theme.
– At the end of the week, all of their work will be complied into a SHOWCASE SHARING!
– The SHOWCASE SHARING will be live streamed for family and friends to enjoy, as a live audience will not be permitted.
– Showcase material will be determined and curated towards the skills of those participating
– Ensemble vocals are all pre-recorded; soloist has the opportunity to sing live
– Dance numbers and scenes are socially distantly spaced